Manifesto for the new Saab
- Declare the whole year 2010 „Saab year of independence“ starting with the „day of independence“. Use this idea for the whole campaign. Generate maximum PR impact with minimum marketing money.
- Start with a three step dealers marketing/mailing campaign as soon as possible.
- Make the „Buy your Saab now“ claim an important part of „the year of independence“.
- Use the legendary great past and the now legendary months of support as a basic idea and combine it with strong ideas for the bright future of the brand.
- Take the energy of the worldwide "Rescue Saab Convoys" to create the mythology of Saab as "The Last Of The Independents". Make sure that everybody knows: This is the "One And Only Saab".
- Combine the whole campaign with special (leasing/finance) conditions for the immediately available models.
- Use the whole campaign for the introduction of the new Saab 9-5. The new 9-5 has to be the (once) legendary "Car of Independence" loaded with maximum emotional impact.
- The 9-5 has to be communicated as a very very special car: You have to be proud driving it.
- Create a label for every new „independent Saab“ made in Trollhättan. It has to be some kind of numbered special metallic plate.
- Rules for a new Saab:
- Avoid any kind of (german) premium arrogance. Saab is the opposite. Saab is about emotions. Saab is the „last of the independents“. Driving a car of this special brand is a real statement. It has a meaning.
- Realize the best car quality ever: Make it an integral part of the „independent new Saab“ campaign.
- Create open consumer communications now. Use the www (SU, RS) for marketing communications 2.0.
To be completed. Your thoughts are welcome.